Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Hero of Romance!

               

Challa hansda phire
Challa rounda phire
Challa gali-gali rulda phire………………..





The Hero of Romance is back! His eyes, his smile & his charm when comes in a single pack, it’s fruitful & not fulsome even at the age of 40 plus. He fawns on camera the way no other actor does. You may not just ignore him. He makes you feel love, he makes you shed tears, he clefts your heart apart, he makes you fall prey & bluffs again. 

You must be thinking me a big FAN of him. Yes! I’m or I have become…………ummmmm……….after this video.  ;)  Again, don’t think otherwise! Albeit, I realized my love for him so late but he was never rolled on to the ‘I don’t like him’ directory. It was just a matter of…………..   ;)

He started his career with television series Fauji which earned him critical acclaim & career in Bollywood with a debut in Deewana. I have grown up watching him as a successful Bollywood star. By that time, I didn’t know what makes an actor a successful star & why should I love him. As gradually, I was growing; I realized his persona as someone with big fan following. But, even then he always left his impact as an actor who knows how to make you glued & associated with the character. He doesn’t only discern the character of his film well but his audience too. 

When he romanced with his ladies in Dil Waale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai- It felt like romantic characters must be played like this, what’s the big deal! Lucky man!! His every movie makes him win a Filmfare Award! But, now I got that he was not a lucky man but a dedicated actor willing to work relentlessly.

I am more inclined toward stories with substance & importance their characters hold with them. But then; romance, comedy, horror & other genres also hold their own importance. We as an audience want everything & don’t want any boredom to exist with a decade telling stories of just one flavor. Hypocrite people!  ;)  And, I must confess that I love love-stories & that too where there only circumstances play a villain. I don’t like Dishum Dishum. Thumping, whipping & punching. No!! It’s very rare and when story is rare too.

As I started getting little more mature, his critically acclaimed films were in the showcase. Swadesh, Chak De! India, My Name Is Khan. He played them beautifully & won laurels. I was in love with his characters.

Then, there are Om Shanti Om & Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. When he proclaims his love for the lady, every lady sitting amongst the audience wishes a guy like him in her life. No?  That’s what charisma is all about! And now, I fell in love with romantic characters too.  

His recent one, Ra.One failed to bring success to his kitty but that doesn’t lower his grade anymore. Life is all about achievements & failure and the one who rises above them is worthy of exaltation.  

And………………..with all above praise & honor to our loveable Baadshah, you must be groping in darkness with the curiosity that what was that matter which refrained me fell in love with him??? He, as a person? No, No, not et all! (In fact, what I believe, his personal life gives him prowess to perform romance with his co-actors.)

What I didn’t like about him was……………….

His long tresses with fringes over the forehead! Aiyya!! I don’t like guys with long tresses, a Big No! And when, if I’m not wrong, he came with a fresh look in Kal Ho Na Ho with tresses fully chopped off, I uttered ‘he is looking smart’. Hahaha! After that film, I started liking him. I mean, if someone would ask me about my favourite hero; Shah Rukh Khan is one of them. Don’t smile at your bench, please!

His upcoming movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan- The Poem has made me fall in love with this actor who is 40 plus & who still rules our heart. When I saw its video, especially the Challa one, when he romances (again) with his (own) character & when he jumps with fist toward the sky-it sells ‘I am still Young’ spirit. And, with that I keep uttering- ise kehte hain SRK (this is called SRK) & keep humming the song.

I just want to say- Tera wo hasna rulana
                              Tera wo dil jeet ke le jana,
      Nahi bhulenge tujhe
                              Jab tak hai jaan, jab tak hai jaan!  :)



6 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. so here I see one more die hard fan of Shah Rukh Khan :) Well I have never been fond of his movies but I appreciate his roles in Swades and Chak de...lets see how things turn up for his upcoming movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmm...well! I have become the one after this video, but yes, I appreciated his dedication always (in fact, when I realized his potential). :)

      Delete
  2. I would ditto what Ravindra said, loved him in Swades, he did a stupendous job. The karan johar type films , i totally loathe :P. I do have a lot of friends who are SRK die hard fans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is one of the actors who can do justice with romantic characters.
      Thank you for the read! :)

      Delete
  3. for me best of SRK is - DDLJ, KKHH, K3G, MNIK, Chak de India, Chalte- 2, KHNH

    i believe he is yet to give life to many more memorable characters..

    picture abhi baki hai dost..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always brings life to his characters, & which always works for him.

      Delete

Please leave your feedbacks here. I'm open to brickbats too.